Work Health & Safety Business Partner - Temporary Contract
Parental Leave relief - 6 months
About the role
The WHS Business Partner undertakes the day-to-day operational aspects of the implementation and running of Council's WHS Management System. In the role you will provide guidance, support and advice to people leaders and staff to ensure that the system delivers genuine, practical and measurable improvements. You will also be responsible for proactively promoting and influencing the safety culture across the organisation.
This is a minimum 6 month temporary contract, where you will be joining a high performing team of safety professionals. To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS or a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in driving WHS objectives across a broad workforce
- The ability to influence at all levels, through consultation and engagement
- Excellent communication and ability to document WHS policies and procedures
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, Council strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a full time temporary contract role for an initial period of 6 months
- Whilst this is a 35 hour a week role, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance
- Participation in exciting, innovative and challenging projects.
Starting salary of $85K plus super. All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with the Coffs Harbour City Council Enterprise Agreement 2017 and the NSW Local Government (State) Award 2020.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Please note application must be submitted via Council's Careers page by 9pm AEDT on the closing date.
Enquiries: Naomi Symonds, Team Leader Work Health Safety: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel (02) 6648 4264.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background