About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator Mechanical, this role assists with the installation, upgrading, servicing and maintenance of plant and equipment associated with Council's water and wastewater operations.
If you are driven by conquering challenges and want to work with a dynamic and upbeat team, this role is for you. Every day will present new challenges and you will join a like-minded, ambitious team offering support and energy.
Our ideal candidate will have a mechanical trade background in fitting and turning or mechanical fitting. Previous experience working with water and wastewater operations will be seen as an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Experience in the fault finding, repair and maintenance of pumps of all types, valves, actuators, dosing equipment and Water and Sewerage treatment process equipment
- Trade Qualified Fitter / Machinist
- National Construction Induction certification (white card)
- MR Drivers Licence
- Qualified Dogman
In addition, the following tickets are also highly regarded:
- Forklift Truck ticket
- Vehicle Loading Crane - CV
- Work Safety in the vicinity of Overhead and Underground Electric Lines
- Confined Space Entry
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a permanent role, offering 38hrs per week
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, bonuses, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options.
Starting salary of around $53k plus Super and significant scope for performance based salary progression.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
- Enquiries: Neil Manson Tel (02) 6648 4495
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background