Maintenance Coordinator (Recreational Spaces)
This is an internal advertisement. At this stage applications are only open to workers engaged at Coffs Harbour City Council - including employees, trainees and apprentices, labour hire staff and volunteers.
About the role
Reporting to the Section Leader, Infrastructure Maintenance (Roads and Open Spaces), the role is responsible for leading and coordinating the day to day operations of Recreational Spaces operational staff in the maintenance of Open Spaces (Parks and Reserves) and Roadways within the Coffs Harbour City area.
If you are driven by conquering challenges and want to work with a dynamic and upbeat team, this role is for you. Every day will present new challenges and you will join a like-minded, ambitious team offering support and energy.
We are looking for a highly competent professional with substantial experience and proven strengths in Horticulture/Park Management.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications in Advanced Certificate / Diploma of Horticulture or Assoc. Diploma Park Management with previous experience in a similar role, plus the following:
- OH&S General Construction Induction Certificate (White card)
- Traffic Controller Certification (formally Blue ticket)
- Implement Traffic Control Plans certification (formally Yellow)
- Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Management Plan (formally Red Card)
- Minimum Class C Manual Driver's Licence
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- This is a permanent, 38 hour a week role, offering a stable career choice.
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, bonuses, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options.
Starting salary of around $76k plus Super + significant scope for performance based salary progression
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Enquiries: Terry Thorn, Tel (02) 66484501
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background