Gallery & Museum Curator
18 Month Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
- An opportunity to play a significant role in the arts and culture community for Coffs Harbour
- Coordinate and deliver the 2020-21 planned exhibition program
- Contribute to the development of the exhibition program in Council's exciting new museum and gallery space
- Collaborate and work with our Library, Museum and Gallery team, volunteers and partners to develop and deliver a range of public programs and events for the museum and gallery's exhibitions and services
- Support the development of the museum and gallery collections in line with the collection policies and collection management team
We are looking for a highly competent and enthusiastic Curator with substantial experience in museum or gallery curation and administration, including knowledge of contemporary cultural collection practices.
If you have degree qualifications in a relevant field, along with demonstrated project management skills, high-level interpersonal skills and knowledge of museum and gallery collection management systems then we would love to hear from you!
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, Council strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Whilst this is a 35-hour a week role, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work-life balance
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
Starting salary of around $78k + Superannuation
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Enquiries: Roslyn Cousins firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 66484907
- Please note applications must be submitted via Council Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background