Community Venues Specialist
- Permanent, part-time position of 21 hours per week
- Facilitate the operation of community venues managed by section 355 committees
- Participate in the activation of community spaces
The Community Venues Specialist facilitates the effective operation of Community Facility Advisory Committees and Committees of Management in order to meet the needs of the community and Council's plans. Reporting to the Theatre & Community Venues Team Leader, this role sits within the Community & Cultural Services Group.
We are looking for someone with a tertiary qualification as well as extensive experience in venue management, business or community development. Strong stakeholder management and community engagement skills will prove key to your success in this role. You will also hold highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills along with a solid knowledge of meeting procedures.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Part-time position of 21-hours per week
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects to benefit the community
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options
Starting hourly rate of around $43.00 + Superannuation
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Enquiries: Wendy Lord-Smith - Team Leader Theatre & Community Venues
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 6648 4931
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date. More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background.