Financial Support Trainee - Up to 2 Year Temporary Contract
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable work experience within Council's financial operations and support team whilst completing a Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
If you are looking to commence your career in finance, exploring an opportunity that is a little different, then this role could be for you!
You will be required to undertake a range of financial administration tasks across the Financial Support team, where strong written and digital literacy skills will be required. Organisation and communication skills will also be necessary to help you balance both work and study.
You will be mentored in the workplace by an ambitious team offering support and energy, ensuring that you will be successful in completing your traineeship.
You will need to possess a:
- School Certificate or equivalent
- Current Class C drivers' licence (Provisional Licence accepted)
We are looking for a motivated trainee who is keen to develop their knowledge and gain experience in the finance field.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them with the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- Up to 2-year temporary position
- Scope to progress your career beyond the completion of the training contract, depending on available opportunities
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects
Rate of pay will be based on the Trainee Schedule from the Local Government (State) Award
Alison Tarplee - Team Leader Accounts Payable
email@example.com or 6648 4271
Maria Devoti - Team Leader Revenue
firstname.lastname@example.org or 6648 4331
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEDT on the closing date. Applications submitted via Seek or other platforms will not be accepted
- More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background.