Electrical Engineer / Estimator
About the role
CitySmart Solutions is a Commercial Business Unit of Coffs Harbour City Council which develops and implements technologies to manage security, cloud-based services and wastewater management. CitySmart Solutions tailors smart solutions that increase efficiency and boost productivity, safety and reliability for Council as well as commercial clients.
Sitting within Council's CitySmart Solutions and reporting directly to the Business Manager the Electrical Engineer/Estimator is responsible for:
- Developing new and improving existing products and services for Council and commercial clients
- Completing project and product costings for the submission of quotes and tenders for commercial clients
- Providing technical instruction and advice to the CitySmart team
We are looking for a degree qualified Electrical Engineer to join our innovative team. You will have demonstrated industry experience as well as some experience in project costing, quoting and tendering. The successful applicant will have a high level of computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Project and CAD programs. Knowledge and experience of TCP/IP Network design, including fibre routers, switches and firewalls will prove essential.
Please note, you must be willing to undertake on-call and after hours work as required, as well as be prepared to work outside of our Local Government Area.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, Council strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Whilst this is a 35-hour a week role, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects to benefit the community
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options
Starting package range of $80-85K
An attractive Salary package is on offer for the successful candidate. All other conditions of employment will be in accordance with the Council's Enterprise Agreement and NSW Local Government (State) Awards.
- Enquiries: Jason O'Brien: Business Manager - City Smart Solutions
Jason.OBrien@chcc.nsw.gov.au Ph: 0417 716 946 or 02 6648 4531
- Please note: applications must be submitted via Council's Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date. More details about the role can be found on Council's Careers page by clicking on Download PD
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background