We're looking for an experienced Laboratory Manager to take ownership and shape a vital component of our business.
You are an accomplished leader that has strong decision-making skills. You have the empathy and emotional intelligence to appraise, mentor, and support your team across a range of skill sets and objectives. Proactivity and effective communication come easy for you and your outside-of-the-box thinking approach makes you extremely resourceful when providing solutions. Your solid understanding of Financials and profit and loss makes productivity reports, quality procedures, and tender submissions a breeze.
In order to succeed in this role, you'll need to have NATA Signatory status in both Chemical and Microbiology, and a minimum of 10 years of management and laboratory-related experience, as well as:
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance, food, soil, food, water, and wastewater microbiological and classical wet chemistry analysis, with the use of the following instrumentation:
- AAS, UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- Gas and Ion Chromatograph
- Flow Injection Systems
- Microbiological Instrumentation, Microscopy including Algal Identifications
About the Role
In this dynamic and varied role, you will manage and operate the Laboratory as a business unit and provide a high-quality cost-effective service for external clients. You can expect to spend 70% of your time in a management capacity and as such your strong leadership style and ability to motivate your team to deliver positive outcomes for the business will put you in good stead for this role!
A typical day for you will include, amongst others:
- Microbiology/Chemical lab analysis and interpretation of results
- Driving performance, development and motivation of staff
- Operating LIMS System with sign off of all NATA endorsed reports
- Purchasing all consumables/equipment and monitoring all data and budgeting regularly to provide a cost-effective and competitive service
- Analyse Water samples for algal identifications
- Oversee all NATA QC requirements ensuring compliance with all regulations
Why Join Us?
It's a particularly exciting time to join our team! We are currently exploring opportunities for growth and expansion which may include moving to a new purpose built facility in the future, we would love to have someone on board who is able to contribute innovative solutions and ideas as we progress through the planning phase for our Laboratory.
Here at Coffs Harbour City Council, we encourage flexible working hours so that you can shape your work life balance. In exchange for your hard work and commitment you will enjoy an attractive salary package plus an array of local government benefits. We will provide you with professional development and career growth opportunities, as well as the chance to participate in exciting innovative projects!
By joining Coffs Harbour City Council you'll have the full support of a friendly, determined team striving for the same standard of excellence that you are.
How to Apply
To apply, and to download a Position Description, please visit:
For more information please contact Mick Raby, Director Sustainable Infrastructure on 02 6648 4401.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and backgrounds.