Group Leader Organisational Development
Lifestyle & Leadership on the Coffs Coast
Permanent Full Time
Remuneration Package of around $143,000 with performance based salary progression
Coffs Harbour is a vibrant regional city of over 75,000 surrounded by delightful seaside and hinterland communities located midway between Sydney and Brisbane. With excellent educational, medical, transport, retail and community facilities, an idyllic climate and 90 km of stunning sandy beaches, islands and marine reserves., the Coffs Coast presents a superb lifestyle destination.
Applications are sought for the vacant senior leadership role, Group Leader Organisational Development, reporting to the Director Business Services.
Coffs Harbour City Council is an innovative local council with a strong focus on continuous improvement, led by its people with fresh ideas across the organisation. Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future.
About the role
The Group Leader Organisational Development is responsible for providing support and advice to the leadership of Coffs Harbour City Council to develop a high performance organisation through its people. You will also lead a highly motivated Organisational Development team who are responsible for the delivery of a broad range of human resource functions, including the development of strategic HR plans, Talent Management, Industrial Relations matters, Work Health and Safety, and Training and Development.
You have strong leadership skills with an ability to influence people leaders to adopt and engage with people leadership initiatives. Your strong project and change management skills will ensure that work plans are delivered whilst maintaining high levels of support and service on key business as usual activities.
Ideally you will have tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Organisational Development or a related discipline and significant experience working in a similar senior role.
What we offer
- Flexible work environment to allow you to shape your work-life balance.
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Participation in innovative and challenging projects.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Attach a brief cover letter (no longer than two pages), addressing your skills, experience and suitability to the role based on key accountabilities and competencies in the position description.
- Enquiries: Andrew Beswick, Director Business Services firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 6648 4201
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background