Maintenance Supervisor - Town Maintenance
About the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator Urban, the Maintenance Supervisor will:
- Supervise and undertake routine cleaning and maintenance of Council controlled areas including streets roadside furniture, carparks, and amenities
- Manage, organise and co-ordinate daily worksite activities
- Contribute to the programming, budgeting and administration of maintenance activities provide on the job staff training, coaching and mentoring
We are looking for a dedicated team player with demonstrated knowledge of, and extensive experience in a similar role.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction, or equivalent
- National Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Traffic Controller certification (blue)
- Implement Traffic Control Plans certification (yellow)
- Current Class MR drivers' licence
- First Aid/Resuscitation Certificate
- National Farm Chemical Users Certificate
This role is for you if you have an understanding of Work Health Safety Legislation and can also demonstrate high level supervisory, customer service, communication skills and computer literacy.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally, and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What We Offer
- This is a 38-hour a week permanent role, offering a stable career choice and the possibility of flexible work options to allow you to shape your work-life balance
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities
- Significant scope for performance-based salary increases
- Opportunity to join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping your community
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, bonuses, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options
Starting salary of around $56K exclusive of superannuation.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Enquiries: Terry Thorn firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 02 6648 4501
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background