Trainee - Stores and Procurement
About the role
- Reports to the Team Leader Contracts and Procurement
- Combine work experience whilst completing a Nationally Recognised qualification
If you are looking for an opportunity to kick-start your career in procurement or finance, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to complete a traineeship in our stores and procurement team. The successful candidate will undertake a Certificate qualification whilst gain work experience in local government procurement and store operations.
Every day will present new challenges and you will join a like-minded, ambitious team offering support and energy.
The ideal candidate will be competent in operating computers and electronic devices as well as demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Strong organisation and communication skills will be necessary to balance both work and study.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- Whilst this is a 38-hour a week role, we offer a truly flexible environment and are happy to discuss flexible work options to allow you to shape your work-life balance
- This is a 2 year fixed term contract role
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs & fitness passport
Salary will be paid at relevant trainee rates (Local Government State Award).
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Enquiries: Tania Myers - Team Leader Contracts and Procurement, firstname.lastname@example.org Tel (02) 66484226
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and backgrounds.