About the role
Reporting to the Water & Sewer Engineer, the Superintendent Headworks oversees the operation and maintenance of Council's Water Treatment Plants (WTP's) including raw water supplies, headworks, dams, reservoirs, regional supply, pump stations and disinfection systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the water treatment industry in all aspects of operating and maintaining water treatment plants, along with the following:
- Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations - Water/Wastewater or equivalent
- Dam Safety Surveillance certification
- Fluoride Plant Operator's Certificate issued by NSW Health
- National Construction Industry Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Certification for Entry to Confined Spaces
- Certification for Working at Heights
If you have strong interpersonal skills and computer literacy along with the above qualifications, this role is for you!
You will be required to be available to participate in an on-call roster for weekend and after-hours' operation of the water treatment system.
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, Council strives to deliver excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do. We support our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally while being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects to benefit the community
- This is a permanent role, offering a stable career choice
Starting salary of around $63k + Superannuation
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role
- Enquiries: Andrew Miller email@example.com Tel (02) 66484498
- Please note applications must be submitted via Council Careers page and close 9pm AEST on the closing date
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages and background